Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Iraq War Blot on America's Soul

 I have, like many other disabled veterans, suffered from the inadequate and often inept care provided by the Veterans Administration. I have, like many other disabled veterans, come to realize that our mental and physical wounds are of no interest to you, perhaps of no interest to any politician. We were used. We were betrayed. And we have been abandoned. You, Mr. Bush, make much pretense of being a Christian. But isn’t lying a sin? Isn’t murder a sin? Aren’t theft and selfish ambition sins? I am not a Christian. But I believe in the Christian ideal. I believe that what you do to the least of your brothers you finally do to yourself, to your own soul.

The Letter

We were told that the Iraq war would be paid for by Iraqi oil. That made it OK? Of course it was a lie and we are facing a 6 trillion dollar ultimate cost of that war put on the back of the American worker.

But I've never understood how the party that drove the Iraq war could be so callous to the veterans who fought for them. They feed and care for their hunting dogs better.

No comments:

Post a Comment