Saturday, October 15, 2011

Must Read Post of the Day, or Week or whatever for that matter

Thanks to Newscoma for the link on this writer. This is good stuff and you better read the whole thing, or else...

I understand you don’t care about me. I understand that because I am not a corporation, because I have a uterus, because I don’t make $250,000 a year or more that I am not now, nor will I ever be, important to you. I get it. All I have is my vote. So I understand that even if you were to read this, you would ignore it. I understand that even if I were standing in front of you reading this, you’d act as if you were listening, pat me on my head, and send me on my way. But I’m going to keep going. Because I foolishly believe that my vote counts. That my voice counts. And that if I keep yelling, maybe one day you will pay attention.

An Open Letter to Congress


1 comment:

  1. I thank you kindly for linking to the piece.

    ReplyDelete