Sunday, August 18, 2013

Obamacare...Today's Must Read From A Former Republican Party County Chairman

I couldn't have written this better and I was only Vice Chair of the County DEMOCRATIC Party.
The U.S House of Representatives has once again voted to repeal all or parts of the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare) ... for the 40th time. Many of the people leading this effort come from the South, my home... People who know these men describe them as good, church-going people. So, why don't they open up and see the light? Why do they say, in effect, "do not confuse me with the facts, I have made up my mind"? I personally believe that much of this goes back to the Nixonian "Southern Strategy" of the 1970s, pushed to new depths by Reagan and others. This strategy essentially dictated that the Republican Party would write off the black vote. The GOP would appeal to the worst aspects of the white southern electorate, hinting (and sometimes outright saying) that the basic cause of many of their troubles is racial preference due to the federal government favoring minorities.

2 comments:

  1. And they have written off poor folks, unemployed folks, women. college students, Hispanics (anyone whose family didn't come over on the Mayflower), seniors (no one in THEIR party will ever get old) and children (AFTER they are born).
    My relatives here in Knoxville are educated, socially upward, some are business owners, one's a retired SBC preacher (who actually LIVES his love-thy-neighbor teachings )...and they ALL swear by FOX. I am dumbfounded most of the time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that people who elect "christians" seem to get screwed over the worst. Why is that?
    The poorest states and the most backward have fake christian governors. I guess they comfort themselves with the fact that they might be poor but at least their Governor pretends to pray to Jesus. I like mine better, I've never heard a WA State Governor mention God while campaigning.

    ReplyDelete